Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros Time Files ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

azrobert

Programmer
Apr 27, 2002
US
Hello all,

I am looking to pull time shifts and tips from the Micros database to send to our corp office. I am able to connect to the database fine, i have determined that I need to join the (micros_emp_def) and (micros_time_card_dtl) to get the shifts and employees, I also see the link to the job table there but haven't gone that far yet.

I have found that declared tips are in the table: (micros_tip_declared_dtl) but have not discovered any way to link those to a particular shift ????

I am also looking to collect employee sales by shift

does anyone have experience in this area ?

any help will be greatly appreciated......

p.s. micros res 3000

Robert

Look in the views. Micros uses shifts so that you can track by time period. Tips are linked to business dates most likely.

You are going yo want to look at micros.shift_emp...tables. There are a few here and should do the trick. If not look in the views. Using Sybase will help you discover what tables you need.

Thanks....

I have a demo version installed and have been looking at those tables. so far there is no data in them, is it only added after the end of day is run ?

the tips_declared table seems to have the tipp data but there is only 3 fields and can't seem to link the tran seq to anything...

You will need the software licensed to see data for the current business date. If the system is not licensed all data will post to the demo date 9/8/2015. You also need to make sure that you are posting data via autoseq every 15 minutes or so. The views receive there data when the system posts. With timecard and tips posting information, you must post the information in a specific order. First step is to increment shifts, and this should only be done with end of night or clock out. Remember, Tip data is linked to shifts, so until you advance the shift the tips will not post.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back