Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

whtnxt

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2006
US
I am not happy with the support I am getting is there any other support out there w/o going through my local dealer in ohio..

Thanks for your help...
Also does micros have the ability to archive time clock files to a outside drive now that the Ohio min. wage law passed and starting Dec. 7 we have to keep each employee time card for everyday. Thats a lot of paper. That way when an employee asked for their records we could just open a file using notepad or something. That would really cut down on the paper...

There are many support options avalable. And yes, time clock records can (and should) be exported to your hard drive for back up and reference as needed.

What are the other support options available? Micros wants to charge me these records to be exported...

Couple of ways to approach this. Are you using LM for your Micros labour? Easy way is to setup an export for when you run your payroll numbers after the cutoff day. It can be manual or hooked to an autosequence.

I'm using "e-print" to solve this. It is a software that automatically converts print output to PDF format. When installed, e-print "creates" a virtual printer; when selected, any document from any program (word processing, worksheet, photo, desing) is converted to PDF, readable in acrobat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back