Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros Simphony v2.700.400 Installation Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

hosehead78

Technical User
Mar 15, 2012
US
I am trying to install Micros Simphony v2.7, I get all the way to where I am asked to enter the information that will be used to create the Transaction Database (#1). I fill in all the correct information. However, I get this message when I enter the admin login (#2), See part #3 in the screenshot.

I've checked all remote settings, user settings and such, I can get to the server from another computer (same virtual network), but I cannot figure it out. As for the Administrator Log in that I use, I have tried local admin, sa, domain and another SQL login, all can connect. I am at a loss.

Any info?

When you install SQL Server by default it makes the SA user disabled. You have to go and make it active again.

I've done similar things to what you've all suggested but, I will give them a try again, who knows. I will post back the results. Thanks again.

I've checked the settings and such, and no luck with the mentions suggestions.

I've read my other response and I realized I didn't answer all of CathalMF's questions, so here they are.

1. I can login to the database with the SA account outside of the installer without any problems. I've only done this on the server itself, and not on another server in the same LAB environment.

2. Yes, I am installing the software on the same server, so the server will act like an App and DB server. I've configured all I can find on the remote database access and everything that I have come across on forums/post and such in regards to the error I am getting.

I am thinking I will scrub this server and start fresh again, this time only doing the prerequisites and the bare minimum of other things, then try the install and fix from there.

If anyone has a doc on installing it, that would be appreciated and helpful. I've only used the docs that I found/downloaded from the doc library offered by Micros/Oracle. Thanks again.

Got figured out, well, at least the part of installing it. Simphony v2.7 is currently installing on a Lab server.
Turns out you need to leave the Instance Name blank. This goes for all Databases Micros wants to create, then use the SA account for your DB when asked (popup #2 in the screenshot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back