Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros Res3700 4.9 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwwillia

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2015
CA
Hello

We wanted to modify some tracking groups so we did the following:

opened dbisql and ran

update micros.trk_grp_def
set ob_grp_in_use = 'f'

I then went into POS configurator - Reporting Tab - Tracking Groups

I copied the last tracking group I used, changed the name and added a couple of different things (Donations) to track

I then went into Historycal totals - Classes tab and attempted to change the tracking group to my new one. However it just freezes and will not allow me to change it.

I have tried restarting database and server but no change. To note, this is on a EM server and these changes will eventually be pushed down to all our locations.

Any ideas on why it would freeze and not allow me to make the change?

question you have set the tracking group to false did you return it to true?

Set to T or F it does the same freezing

Captureeeee_gsrgkw.jpg

Any errors and at what point doe it freez? when saving or?

You need to make sure you put a "commit" at the end of that sql query. If you dont then you leave the record locked and it freezes things.

SQL:
set ob_grp_in_use = 'f'
commit

However since you are creating a new tracking group there was no need to run that SQL query at all.
You only need to run that SQL if you want to modify and existing tracking group. If you're creating a new tracking group then just do it. No SQL needed.

EDIT: Also if you're updaying that table then you really should only change the tracking groups that you're dealing with. Your current SQL is updating every record in that table.
SQL:
set ob_grp_in_use = 'f'
where trk_grp_seq = 1234
commit

Do you want some custom SIM scripts developed. Contact me via my website

In Historical totals as soon as I change the tracking group from its original value to the new tracking group I created and either hit Save or change the field it immediatly goes to a not responding condition and stays like that.

historicaltotals_uohjxy.jpg

CathalMF that did the trick (Forgot to add commit to the end)

The reason we where unlocking it is originally it would not let us change the tracking group to the new one I created. I tried unlocking it to see if it would let me - and with adding commit it now works. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back