Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros Res V5.5 autosequence stopped printing automatically each morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwonderfulsaloon

Technical User
May 10, 2016
CA
Hey everyone,

I had hooked up my micros server to the internet for the first time in a while, it usually just runs as a stand alone server for our restaurant POS. I had to create a static IP for some integration for third party delivery apps and accidentally changed the server IP, luckly I had written it down and set everything back to the way it was, the POS are fine and talking to eachother.

But a few things have been happening since that day, when I go print a server end of day report at the POS it says something like
"can't find autosequence PC", but when i try again it then prints a report.

In the morning none of my autosequence reports have printed automatically anymore, when I go into auto/reports and click print yesterdays reports it gives me an error and doesn't print. When i click on print previous reports which is another report group they print fine, then when i return to my autosequence and try it again it now prints fine. It's like it needs me to print this other report group first, then will allow to print yesterdays reports.

I checked the micros logs and it gets an error multiple times saying "could not find tcp address for host micros1" over and over again.

Not sure if changing the IP's a few days ago, plugging in the ethernet for internet or what caused this, but any help getting my autosequences back printing automatically would be a big help. As well as when i print a server report not getting an error about not being able to reach the autosequence PC.

If anyone was having the same issue, I ended up finding the autosequence in windows services, stopping it and restarting it. It printed automatically the next morning.

This is a known issue with V5.5
Print jobs called from manual or scheduled autosequences do not print. The 3700d log shows:
Mon Mar 06 19:08:30 2017 | CELMCSOVM168 | AUTOSEQEXEC.EXE | 0 | Sequence # 12001 Step # 1 <REPORT> |
Mon Mar 06 19:08:30 2017 | CELMCSOVM168 | AUTOSEQEXEC.EXE | 0 | Daily SYS Sales Detail |
Mon Mar 06 19:08:30 2017 | CELMCSOVM168 | AUTOSEQEXEC.EXE | 0 | Date Range = 1/1/1990 to 12/31/2099 |
Mon Mar 06 19:08:30 2017 | CELMCSOVM168 | Autosequence.dll | 0 | WaitForSingleObject( g_hmutex, 60000 ) |
Mon Mar 06 19:08:30 2017 | CELMCSOVM168 | Autosequence.dll | 0 | Signaled - Continuing After Waiting For Mutex [g_hmutex] was signaled. |
Mon Mar 06 19:08:30 2017 | CELMCSOVM168 | Autosequence.dll | 0 | Template Filename = SYS_101.RPT |
Mon Mar 06 19:08:35 2017 | CELMCSOVM168 | CrystalEngine | 0 | Exception Caught - No printers are installed. |
Mon Mar 06 19:08:35 2017 | CELMCSOVM168 | CrystalEngine | 0 | Could not print report. |
Mon Mar 06 19:08:35 2017 | CELMCSOVM168 | CrystalEngine | 0 | Could not print report. |
Mon Mar 06 19:08:35 2017 | CELMCSOVM168 | ReportExporter | 0 | Exception Caught - Could not print report. |
Mon Mar 06 19:08:35 2017 | CELMCSOVM168 | Autosequence.dll | 0 | ***ERROR*** Msg from PrintEngine: |
Mon Mar 06 19:08:35 2017 | CELMCSOVM168 | AUTOSEQEXEC.EXE | 0 | ***ERROR*** |
Mon Mar 06 19:08:35 2017 | CELMCSOVM168 | AUTOSEQEXEC.EXE | 0 | Sequence # 12001 Step # 1An Error Has Occurred. Status= |
Mon Mar 06 19:08:35 2017 | CELMCSOVM168 | AUTOSEQEXEC.EXE | 0 | Autosequence # 12001 Step # 1 Failed |
You are able to print reports if you preview and print them first.

The default user does not have a printer defined in the registry.
The default printer for a user is defined in: Computer\HKEY_USERS\(user ID)\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\. There are 3 fields defined here:
Device
IsMRUEstablished
LegacyDefaultPrinterMode
For the default user, one or all of these fields are missing. (Computer\HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\)

The easiest way to fix this is to copy the data from a user where the default printer is set.
Important: This involves making changes to the registry. The steps walk you through making a backup of the area of the registry you will be changing, be sure to follow them all. If you are not sure about the changes you are making consult with a senior support agent.
1. Find a user in the registry who has it set.
1. Open regedit
2. Navigate to and expand HKEY_USERS
3. There will a number of listings here, including .DEFAULT. Each of these represents different users and groups.
4. Navigate through each one to Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ until you find one that has the 'Windows' folder.
2. Export the Windows folder for that user.
1. Right click on the folder (HKEY_USERS\(user ID)\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\) and choose 'Export'.
2. Name your file 'To Import'.
3. Click Save.
3. Export the .DEFAULT users Window folder.
1. Navigate to HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows 2. Right click on the folder and choose 'Export'.
3. Name your file 'Backup'
4. Click Save.
4. Open 'To Import.reg' in notepad.
5. In this file will be a listing of each folder you exported, and its configuration settings. Here is a sample:
[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"Device"="columbmfd206,winspool,Ne03:"
"IsMRUEstablished"=dword:00000001
"LegacyDefaultPrinterMode"=dword:00000001
[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Pen]
"PenArbitrationType"=dword:00000003

6. Modify the folder names to correspond to the default user. So using the above example it changes to:
[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"Device"="columbmfd206,winspool,Ne03:"
"IsMRUEstablished"=dword:00000001
"LegacyDefaultPrinterMode"=dword:00000001
[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Pen]
"PenArbitrationType"=dword:00000003

7. Save the changes.
8. Double click the file in Windows Explorer.
9. Click Yes.
10. Click Ok.
11. Confirm that HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows contains the changes you imported.
12. Restart the Micros Autosequence Service in services.msc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back