Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICROS RES - Question about combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

zivianig

Technical User
Apr 8, 2013
BR
Hello guys,
I have a question about MICROS Res 4.0.
I'm creating a combo with the following requirements:
- The combo will include all hotdogs available in MENU (it will be a R$ 2,00 discount compared with individual price);
- All entrees (portion) will be available in the combo, (normal price);
- All beverages will be available in the combo (normal price)
In other words, if the customer buys a hotdog, a portion and a beverage he/she will have R$ 2,00 of discount.
The only problem is about the beverage, because we have about 20 kinds of juice, (10 flavors with 500ml and 10 with 300ml) and the refilling sodas (Coke, Sprite, etc) also with small and medium sizes.
If I set up the combo with all the beverages, the operator will have a lot of options to choose and it will be hard to find out some specific option.

My question:
Is there any way to separate the items in the combo? For example: When the operator reach the screen to chose a single beverage it would display them in categories, such as Sodas 300, Juices 300, Sodas 500, etc, and when selected one option it would display the items inside it.

Thanks and Regards

I believe you can set up the combo using sizes, such as beverage sizes

Thank you very much!!
I´ve tried using sizes, i set up each item but when I tested it, all the beverages still were together.
The solution I found was to create a SLU called "mycombo"BEVERAGE and set up my items into this SLU exactly how they are showed in the beverage (not combo)screen. It worked fine, the only thing I´m could not figure out how to solve, is the items are showed in my "mycombo"BEVERAGE "main screen" and also split by category, at the first time I thought it was as problem, after some time thinking about that, it can be useful because the operator can choose a beverage either by the SLU Main screen or by the categories.

Thanks so much for your response.

Regards,
Gleison Ziviani

you can specify which items one by one in Combo meal.
did you notice that i can print it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back