Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICROS Res POS 3700 DBIsql Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlosPSA

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2018
BO
Good morning friends, as always I am asking you, but this group is wonderful and I hope you can help me once again, I have the MICROS 3700 Ver 5.4 and 5.5, can you tell me what it would be, using the DBIsql of the same MICROS, a sintax of consultation that returns the detail of the products sold in a certain check number? This is for auditing purposes, since I need to present a report of past months, but only of certain checks.
Beforehand thank you very much
PS. I am attaching a picture of the part I need of the check.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=1e31c956-2305-4865-bf07-63ae76b19050&file=CHK_Micros.jpeg
First of all, I do not want to give much hope that the data is available.
it depends on settings and by design activities of the clean up process.

check details stays for 14 days in the database. By Design of Historic Micros Development for speed of the System.
This is integrated and can not be changed. (France has a procedure to change it to 30 days but it is not recommended becuase there are different solutions)

In the poscfg is in the reporting tab to check "historical totals" where you can set some individual settings how long the data will stay in the database (max is a 3 digit number), after this date everything will be deleted and only a backup with da different copy of the system to import the db can help.
if no backup exist with the data good luck no chance, only existing printouts can help.

Future Solutions if no data is available:
- In Europe Micros has developed a specal StoreProcedure named Check37 to copy the check details data during the EOD/Night to different tables for this 14 day by design development.
- In the Historical Data is one entry for the transaction analyzer archive perhaps it stays for 1 year (to open the module you need to have a license but the tables are still filled up and you can export it with dbisql)
- Web Based Reporting and Analytics hosted by Micros/Oracle. but the limitation is the contract lenght how long the data will held (never unlimited).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back