Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros RES on Windows 2003 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laldoma

IS-IT--Management
Jun 16, 2009
VE
hi, im trying to run micros RES 3700 on a 2003 server system (proliant ml110), i have problems with Cash managenet, when i open the cash manager i only get the next message "unable to conect to server" i think my problem is with IIS, can anybody help?

thanks in advance

In Windows Control Panel select 'Add or Remove Programs', select 'Add/Remove Windows Components' check to see if the tick box is selected for Internet Explorer Enhanced Security. If this is selected, unselect the tick box and click next to uninstall.

Reboot the server after uninstalling enhanced security, you should now be able to log into Cash Management.

uhmmm let me try and i tell you if that works.... seems to be very possible...

nop.... still not working... im thinking in a fress install unselecting the enhanced security unchecked

i dont use skype... well i guest i cant install it, let me get it

problem solved... Tragikomico gives me the solution, naow i share it with others users...

think this will solve the problem: First, try to bypass the proxy server for local addresses. If this does not correct the issue, implement the following steps.

1.) Go into Add/Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows Components and remove 'Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration'
2.) Go into My Computer > Properties > Advanced > Startup & Recovery > Settings > Edit - Edit the boot.ini so that it has the following value : 'noexecute\Alwaysoff'
3.) Go into DCOMCNFG > Component Services > My Computer > DCOM Config - find the entry for {367DDAB0-14CE-41B9-8D36-869095467C3C}
- Right click on this value and select 'Properties' and set the 'Authentication Level' to 'Connect'
- It should also show the Server Name: MicrosCashManagementComServer when viewing the properties).
4.) Reboot.

that solved the problem.

Thanks to Tragikomicno from Venezuela

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back