Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros RES not automatically starting FOH after reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

notmereally

IS-IT--Management
Dec 28, 2022
PH
thread693-1772864

I know this has been a while, but can anyone point me what I can do to resolve this?
This has been ongoing for multiple locations.
After a server Maintenance Reboot Micros would not automatically start FOH even though I had it setup that way.

Thanks

hello.
have you checked the host name is the same that you set in poscfg?
are the SQL service started?

I think this happens on older version of RES. We have a few locations on 5.7 that have never had this problem, but all of our restaurants on 5.4 behave like this and require you to manually change it to FOH after rebooting.

Your system is probably calling the front of house to soon. On reboot the network has to come up and acquire the ip esp with 5.4. If the call is for FOH before the network is up will fail. Usually your reboot needs a delay before calling the change to FOH on reboot. There are a number of reboot scripts out there for this for 3700.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back