Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros RES 5.7 Prerequisites Error Adobe PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

skydiverscott

IS-IT--Management
Sep 20, 2006
US
We are performing a clean, brand new install of Micros RES 5.7 on a Windows 10 x64 Machine. When we run the MICROS RES 5.7 Prerequisites.exe, if errors saying we need to install adobe reader dc. We have adobe reader Dc installed.

How do we get past this error to compelte 5.7 install?

It has not happened to me before but tries to run the installer as administrator.

I have run both Adobe Reader DC and the Micro 5.7 Prerequisites installer as admin. My guess is that the newer reader is > than what the 5.7 pre-req installer is designed to detect. I have a ticket open with Oracle but hey are not being responsive because they do not want to support RES any longer, despite that our user base that uses our Loyalty integration are all not wanting to move to Simphony. We need to be able to regression test our integration and we need to setup additional QA and dev lab systems and are stuck.

Any experienced installers or dealers in here that has any idea to help, it would be most appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back