Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros RES 5.7 Autosequence Server service not starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHOP1

Programmer
Feb 22, 2011
US
Anyone out there using 5.7 have an issue with 5.7 Autosequence Server service not starting?

I have 4-5 stores with various issues. most of which are report and EOD related. Any resolutions to get the service started?

I have heard there are now 5.7 prerequistes. Did you try installing those first before 5.7?

Yes. Did pre-req's. then RES 5.7 then EM 5.7.

Im not having any problems with my v5.7 systems...

Maybe there is a reason why autosequence bomb out with EOD?
Have you took a look in the ETC log file?
I find using custom labor reports to be the problem with EOD.
Try changing any custom labor, typically a labor + emp tip report, to the standard 37 Employee Time Card and Jobs Detail report.

3700 Poweruser let me ask you this. Is your Micros Autosequence Server service running on your 5.7 boxes? That is the issue I believe I am having.

yes, autosequence server is running on my v5.7 box.
now after going back through your post, I see that you are using EM.
Sorry, I have used EM since the old Lyons/Denny's Rest days.
-BUT-
In my experience, anytime any micros service stops unexpectedly, there is usually an error in windows log and/or micros ETC log file.

Yes I have been doing this for 25. This is a raw db, not EM'd yet and I step my system from 5.5.4 to PRE 5.6 then RES 5.6 then PRE 5.7 then RES 5.7. only after I reboot on the RES 5.7 install does the service stop working. 3700d.log is rotating like it should. No MDS Host or MDS Printer because I have not fired up Control Panel.

Do you show SQL Anywhere 16 and 17 in your Program Files(x86)?

I see posts about making sure that SQL 16 is a full file as well as SQL 17. going to try reloading SQL 16

Completely raw Win10 box and still cannot get the service to start

15 years- do you have an image of your working 5.7 you would be willing to share?

damn I hate the simple ones. Issue resolved. I had to delete and recreate the service to get it working.

I am having the same issue, can you give me more detail on how you fixed it. How did you recreate the auto sequence service most specifically. Thank you

Open CMD as administrator.

sc delete "Micros Autosequence Server"

cd micros\common\bin
micros\common\bin\autoseqserv.exe -install
micros\common\bin\autoseqserv.exe -service

restart these services:

Micros Autosequence Server
Micros Remoting Service
World Wide Web Publishing

It might take a minute but almost immediately saw log files filling the right information and EOD and CC batches were working the next morning.

I noticed that happening on our lab as well. The most interesting part is that you could see in the logs it was starting up, and the issue was that rather than doing the proper service startup, it was actually starting autosequences. It was doing this in a blocking manner which essentially causes the service controls to time out. Wonder what they changed to cause behavior like that that just reinstalling it could fix.

Thinking it had to do with the upgrade to Sybase 17.

Same issue with 5.6 MR 1 (Server 2016)
Autosequence Service can not start.

Delete and Recreate fix the issue.

Thank you POSKitchen. My next EM box will be either Server 2016 or Server 2019. So good to know that works on 16 as well

Thanks for the DOC's. I have 5.7 running on a 2016 Virtual and am trying to download the 2019 to see if any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back