Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros RES 5.1 patch stuck on "registering DLLs"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd11111

Programmer
Apr 29, 2010
US
Looked at the install guide for the 5.1 patch and didn't find anything related. I am running the 5.1 patch as admin, and have tried a few times. It still gets stuck at this step, but the progress shows 100%. Any clues here? Thanks.

I should also mention that this is Windows Server 2008 R2

Make sure the User Account Control settings are st to Always Notify. I got stuck at the same point installing Res5 on a 2008 server and that was the problem.

Run it as an admin account but not as the "Administrator" account and make sure to fire it off saying "Run as Admin" in windows...

That combination seems to fix things up frequently.

Netvoid has it right on; if you are trying to run the program using the account that is created automatically during install, it WON'T work. You MUST create another administrative account and install using that account. DO NOT disable UAC; Micros specifically balks at anything other than default UAC settings, and hell if I know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back