Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros RES 4.0 Database Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennislv

Programmer
Sep 15, 2006
US
It seems that the previous 2 passwords that I was aware of are no longer valid. Does anyone know what replaced them? I'm sure alot of people are going to need this info real quick.

Thanks in advance!

In Version 4.0 you need to setup all passwords in DM. These do not carry over for previous versions. You will need to open DM and setup the passwords for any connection you might want to use. Remember, you control the DBA password...this part of the encryption requirement. So if you can it be careful, you will not be able to restore or modify a db without it.

I don't seem to recall any place to setup users. I thought that they would have left dba/sql open.

In 3.2 are there any accounts that let you write?

Thanks again!

Ok. I found it. However, all the options in DB are grayed out. I see where the default login is caedc. I tried that in ASA and it did not accept it. More info would be greatly appreciated.

You must open POS Config. In the employee classes area under privileges you will see a new area for DM. You need to check each of the boxes. Now when you open DM, you have access to all these area's.

dennis,

When you upgrade from a previous version all the db users and their permissions are brought over, but the passwords are set to null. Just use the Database Manager to change them to the passwords you want. The caedc user is just the first user alphabetically, so that's what shows in the box when you open it up.

One potential pitfall occurs when you start with a new 4.0 db instead of upgrading. You can add users, but they're all read-only. You can probably log into sybase central as dba and change the permissions, but that can turn into a mess.

Micros added a feature in sp 1 that requires you to enter the old dba password before it can be changed.

There's also an option to reset defaults in the restore database area if you really bang things up and lose all access.

What tables are you looking to write to? Micros has always let the custom user and members of the definition group modify the _def tables but not the _ttl tables.

pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back