Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros RES 3700 Web API - System Closed Error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandonmeeks

Technical User
Feb 24, 2015
US
I am troubleshooting an error between Micros RES 3700 and a third party online ordering system. Whenever an order injects, it comes back with Error Text: [-955908046] System Closed ]

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Did you check that the control panel is in Front Of the house mode?

Yes I did verify the Control Panel is set to Front of House. Still getting error message.

Got it to work. Apparently I needed to change the employee class we were using to be that of a POS Web API employee.

You need an API employee class in poscfg | emp | emp classes|Transactions | Transaction Control, enable POS API Employee.
Note: Somewhere in 4.x we eliminated the need for a PosAPI emp class.
Ex: In 4.3 I do not need any special emp class to use the API.
You need an API employee with that class in employees.
You need an API device in poscfg | dev | devices. Make this your server. It should be a PosApiClient.
And a UWS seq to go with the device. You can have your server have a uws as well.

In Poscfg | dev | uws. Add the posapi client. Make sure it's license code is one of the api client
codes in licensing.

If you do not have the API client licensing add it now. You can get it from the 4.0 key.

Go to FOH

HI edkriale
I am having a similar issue where my 3700 keeps saying system closed and freezes on start up. I went in to put it to front of house and it still froze up. I'm not very computer literate so an idiot proof resolution you have would be greatly appreciated. thanks so much for your help. i'm having the issue right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back