Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICROS RES 3700 version 5.7 Void and Discounts Not Working 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

themicrosman

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2013
US
I am wondering if anyone else out there has had a problem with the VOID and Discount functions not working in Version 5.7. I upgraded and imported a version 5.1 database and everything seems to work except these two features. I checked the correct permissions in employee classes and they look good. Yet, when you ring an item and then try to Touch Void it, it does not work. No error messages, it simply doesn't work. The same issue occurs when applying a discount. If anyone else has experienced this problem, please let me know how you resolved it. Thanks

Did you figure out what caused this? We are having the same issue.

It was fixed in a service pack release. I think it is 5.7.2

THANKS SO MUCH! We will try that. Oracle hung up on us when we called for support. Nice huh?

Hey themicrosman,
My boss for some reason chose to go with 5.7.1 and it corrupted the Autosequence service, breaking EOD. Do you know if this is a known issue with that release? Did you have any issues with 5.7.2?

There is a known issue with atuosequence service. Delete it by opening command prompt as admin and running

Code:
sc delete "Micros Autosequence Server"

Then re-install the service by running (one line at a time, still in CMD as admin):

Code:
C:\micros\common\bin\autoseqserv.exe -install
C:\micros\common\bin\autoseqserv.exe -service

For some reason when upgrading to 5.7, the autosequence service seems to fail to upgrade correctly.

Should be also fixed and i prefer to update to 5.7.4.0
Oracle has broken Version 5.7.1.0 up to 5.7.3.2

If you use the seat function or seat is enabled in RVC after a send order you can not void items anymore.
fixed in 5.7.1.0 but i am sure then other things are not working.

Hi! I'm having the same issue with voids. Do you know where can I download the 5.7.X patch to fix it?

Thanks a lot!

You should be able to download it from the my oracle support website.

I've been looking for it at Oracle's web page but I can't find it!

Hey guys! Thanks for the quick replies!

@Wildbar that was the link that I used to download it. But it says release date May 2018

Oracle_expx9h.png

I've been looking for that patch since Saturday night and still don't know where to find it! [upsidedown]

@AM_WG the link you sent seems old, since it says most recent MICROS version is 5.4 MR2

Again, sorry for bothering, if you guys have the direct link I would really appreciate your help! [ponder]

Would anybody happen to have 5.7 MR6 patch that they would not mind sharing?

@RES3700GUY
This gives you the steps to find the patches.

You want to be in here and not the cloud support. Then the patches and updates tab. Search 3700 5.7 and go from there.

I couldn’t find it either.

It only shows me the 5.7 prereq and 5.7, but not the patches.

Can any of you guys upload it and share that 5.7 MR6 patch, please?

Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back