Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros RES 3700 Version 5.5 or 5.7 Setup Workstation 6

MicrosMikeM

Technical User
Jan 15, 2021
CA
Has anyone had any luck setting up from scratch a Workstation 6? im testing my first one. Im my organization weve only ever used Workstation 5/5a up till now.
I am not sure how to get it to work.

Ive changed the network node to reflect windows and CAL'd
i got screen template errors and my menus were all messed up
If i manually copy over the opsdisplayuser.cfg file to the pos my error goes away but this is build for workstation 5's on 1024x768 and its screen is a quarter of the real screen size and my keypad for signing in is always visible.

I cant see any documentation on oracle or google to set these up.

I know i need to make a folder in the server for CAL but not sure what to call it. Ive tried to call it WS6 but it didnt send my items to the POS station i placed in there as a test.

anyone roll one of these out with micros (not symphony)?

Buenas ,

en el servidor en la siguiente ruta debes de colocar D:\MICROS\Res\CAL\Win32\Files\Micros\Res\Pos\Etc , los archivos opsdisplayuser.cfg , lo tengo en el disco D pero tu lo colocas en la ruta de donde la tiene ,y la resolucion de la caja es 1024x768 no tenemos en paraguay

Let me know. I have the staging guide for Workstation 6 for Micros 3700 as well as the custom opsdisplay

Let me know. I have the staging guide for Workstation 6 for Micros 3700 as well as the custom opsdisplay
Is the staging guide for WS6 for Micros 3700 still available? Newbie on Tek-Tips. Helping a small business. BIOS reset of WS6 and I can not get CALClient to connect to Server (Win7). Receive a regsvr32 message.

I tried a BIOS update on my WS6 and now it's stuck in the UEFI Boot shell loop from hell! Any guides or files you have that would assist in getting this WS6 functional again would be super appreciated!

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back