Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros RES 3700 Setup Finalise

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeonCL

Technical User
Dec 14, 2017
GB
Hi Everyone,

This site is a wonderful resource. I'm about to take over an establishment with RES 3700 installed. To get myself setup, I am running a VM lab to demo features.

I have installed Server 2008 R2 in VirtualBox and followed the install instructions, having setup the server according to the guide.I've finished the setup and set the default transport encryption key (before POS Operations will run). I've then set the database to 'front operations'. How does the client (Win32 POSReady terminal) connect to the system for touch screen operation?

I've completed the CAL client but the POS doesn't load to the touch screen etc.?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

If you are trying to run 3700 OPS on the local host screen look for the "Start RES" or "RES" icon in the Micros launch all programs folder.
In posconfig there is also an option to use cursor on this machine in System settings i beleive.

Thank you, Wildbar. When this runs it just says waiting for MD5hosts. Any ideas?
It doesn't seem to load the full screen POS interface?

Did you make your ip static?
Check your hosts file and ensure the server listed has the correct IP. If not update it.

Hi yes, I've done all of that.

The client boots successfully, but hangs at the screenshot I've attached. Am I missing something obvious?

VirtualBox_POS_Terminal_14_12_2017_22_52_19_ipzvxp.png

Thank you

Looks to be an IP Host issue. Also ensure you are in demo mode. Check the ip in the POSCONFIG device table for the server and ensure its the same.
Also when installing did you follow the steps exactly? I cant remember off the top of my head but at some point you needed to make a user change and it will cause issues if you don't.
Make sure the database is at front of house. I also thought there was a "run OPS on the server" option somewhere but don't see it anymore. Last look in the 3700d log and see what error you are getting.

Hi.

I've checked the Network Node table and both the server and client are entered correctly. Under 'DNS domain name' I have put the same thing as under 'Computer Name'. The server is also running in Front of House mode too.

What is the user change that needs to be made? If I run 'Start RES' on the Server, it proceeds, halts at this screen:

VirtualBox_RES_Server_15_12_2017_19_08_07_bbgxpx.png

But then actually proceeds to the POS terminal screen.

On a separate note, would you have a sample database available? I'm struggling with the myriad of configuration. Alas, I will continue to read all of the support documentation. Grateful for all your support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back