Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros RES 3700 Serving Period need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

John H

IS-IT--Management
Jan 22, 2021
MY
Helo there,

My current restaurant running lunch and dinner. I have add in breakfast in the system. Problem is the service period not automatic change when the time come in the morning. Every morning before 8.00 am i have to to to POS Configurator -> Revenue Centre -> RVC Transaction -> Serving Period and change current serving period to Morning breakfast. My current setting for serving period for lunch and dinner are working perfectly when the time come to lunch and dinner. Is there any missing setting i need to change?

Kindly advise.

Can you post what your serving period settings are for Morning, Lunch, Dinner.

Is your breakfast period set correctly? Is it set to the dinner period when you come in in the morning?

Serving Period Morning 8:00AM to 10:30AM
Lunch 10:30PM to 14:30PM
Dinner 18:00PM to 22:00PM

Lunch & dinner work perfectly.

Just problem from breakfast since it new period for our restaurant might be i missed some setting for the breakfast.

Even report works well.Problem is the current period only running lunch and dinner. It does not switch to breakfast so everyday before 8:00AM i need change manually setting current serving period to breakfast.

Any idea how to solve this ?

have you set batch file and set it on task scheduler to run at that time to change the serving period?

Dear Jackba,

have you set batch file and set it on task scheduler to run at that time to change the serving period?

--> How to set the batch file ?

What is not changing when it is breakfast serving period? A menu level or touchscreen menu display? Or reporting to the serving period?

Step 1:

Create breakfast.sql file using the below code as template chage "srv_period_seq" and "rvc_seq " values to match your set up
SQL:
update micros.vsc_rvc_trans_def set srv_period_seq = 16 where rvc_seq = 6

commit;

step 2:

Create breakfast.bat change the parametters to match your own on the below code
Code:
dbisqlc -q -c "DSN=micros;uid=custom;pwd=custom" read D:\micros\res\pos\scripts\Breakfast.sql

Step 3:

Save both files in "D:\micros\res\pos\scripts\": replace D:\ with your micros installation drive then add the breakfast.bat to windows taskscheduler specifie the time you waht the batch file to run in this case from
7.59/8.00am to 9.59/10.00am.

NB: Depending on how many RVC you have you will have to create for each RVC and for each serving period

Dear Wildbar,

What is not changing when it is breakfast serving period? A menu level or touchscreen menu display? Or reporting to the serving period?

-> is the reporting to the service period. Previously the setup was done by oracle only for lunch and dinner, now i'm adding new period as breakfast but it not auto running.

Eg. if i did not change the rvc transaction period in the morning. what ever item sale on the morning the report will go to dinner. So i have to manually adjusted at rvc transaction serving period in the morning so whatever sale in the morning will go to morning report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back