Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICROS RES/3700 Report Issue 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTSChris

Vendor
Mar 26, 2016
US
Just did, a 5.5 install (5.5.0005.3534; not sure if that is mr1...but we know it's not mr1hf5 or 5.5.1hf5.

We staged the BOPC; not Oracle/MICROS...and we're getting a consistent error, in AS/R.

We keep getting, multiple script errors...even though the report, will eventually display; and a viewing window...like I'm used to, with Report Viewer. Like it wants a template and date range.

reports_yuoygq.png

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

First try resetting Internet Explorer - it uses internet explorer as an embedded engine to display the reports, and unfortunately any user settings will affect it.

@ HTSChris

The report viewer is ok or not after resetting IE?

AS/R is still not working...after rolling back, to IE8.

I'm trying, NOT...to go through Report Viewer; but...does it need to be set-up...even if you're using AS/R, or specifically NOT set-up??

Why MICROS had to f*ck with this...I'll NEVER understand! [evil]

Did u try to install an adobe reader on your BOPC?

It not pls install it to run it then and open your report again.

Also check the application pool that runs the micros applications and make sure it is set to the correct version of .NET.

Moregelen said:
Also check the application pool that runs the micros applications and make sure it is set to the correct version of .NET.

[ponder] [ponder] [ponder]

Open IIS:

01_IIS_p20jks.png

Expand the computer, and click on Application Pools:

02_AppPool_zctoap.png

And make sure you have the right settings. NOTE that unless you're on a windows 10 machine running 5.5 (I think), it should be .NET 1, not the version shown in the screenshot below

03_AppPool_zxeqao.png

Thanks Moregelen! We have another site, that's 5.5 (but mr1hf5 I think); and we checked against it today.

IE isn't the problem; that site, had IE11+ (so, we restored IE, after previously downgrading). Adobe isn't the issue; both sites have XI.

I thought we had it actually. I still say, this is tied to Report Viewer somehow; because we're getting that RV window...and the 'busy box' script error. So I checked the RV table, in Config; and we made sure...NO templates, were checked to use it.

Some were; so I thought un-checking them, would clear us up...but no joy [mad]

We'll use this .net thing, to check our good site; see if we can't put 2 & 2 together. Otherwise...I swear; I'm going have to call 8009372211 [ponder] [ponder]

We've had this error multiple times and I've always managed to fix it but I've never documented what exactly was causing it :/

The auto sequence and reports actually uses an embedded version of report explorer when you run it which is why you're seeing that. There are just so many things that affect Micros' IIS applications that it's hard to nail down.

moregelen said:
The auto sequence and reports actually uses an embedded version of report explorer when you run it which is why you're seeing that. There are just so many things that affect Micros' IIS applications that it's hard to nail down.

Yeah; to me...it seems to have only gotten worse, from 5.2 to 5.5 [thumbsdown]

I appreciate you're, running through it with me!

UPDATE-

We're on to something here; finally! [2thumbsup]

I'll document, tomorrow AM. Site's opened, and we decided to hold up.

Preview; it is, an IIS thing. No 1.1 installed, and some of the settings, links, etc.

Damn MICROS Oracle [nosmiley]

UPDATE-

Ugh; the torture [thumbsdown]

So...I installed, what was essentially, the DotNet Fix (1.1sp1; though I recreated the package, out of thin air [surprise])

Still no joy.

Here's my IIS Manager screen-shot

iis1_h1cuxv.png

Ok - lets check this. Do you have static content enabled for IIS?

To check this:

[ul]
[li]Open control panel[/li]
[li]Go to programs and features (or add/remove programs)[/li]
[li]Click turn windows features on/off[/li]
[li]Navigate to Internet Information Services > World wide web services > common http features[/li]
[/ul]

If it isn't checked, try checking it and then rebooting (don't skip this part).

This has been the only way I've been able to reproduce the script errors on my system; basically if you don't have it enabled, IIS won't serve static content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back