Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros RES 3700 receipt lines per inch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jw1511

Technical User
May 6, 2013
US
Our restaurant is on RES version 5.5. All of our TM-T88V printers are on IDN interface, and these all print guest checks and credit card receipts at the standard 6 lines per inch. However, we have one TM-T88V on an wireless IP interface. This printer prints the same checks and receipts at 8 lines per inch, resulting in the receipt lines being squished together. The characters per line are the same. The DIP switches and Epson internal settings are same. I have not been able to find any sort of driver in the Micros/Res directories. I am wondering if there is an ISL script or something sending an Epson ESC 0 (8 lines per inch) versus standard of ESC 2 for 6 lines per inch. Thank you in advance, any help and clues are appreciated.

Hi, the dip switch settings for IDN vs IP should not be the same.

check online, you should be able to find out what the IP's correct settings is.

Yes I agree, the DIP switches specific to IDN and IP are set different and both printers and interfaces work correctly. There is no DIP switch for lines per inch such as the standard 6 or the one printing at 8 lines per inch. That is why I think this is somewhere in the Micros software, perhaps a SIM script, or a setting, or a driver file. I have searched online extensively and not found anything related to this issue. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome. Thank you

I was under the impression you stated that the dip switches are the same on both IDN and IP.
You have checked the obvious "Line Feeds and Columns" with in POS configurator?
Another thing to possibly check is the Firmware on the IDN vs IP printers, is it the same? and Have you moved the IP card to another printer? and does it do the same thing?

Epson TM88V - Ethernet
DSW1 - all off
DSW2 8 on all others off

I have verified all the DIP switches and RES POS configurator settings. I have swapped IP and IDN interfaces between TM-T88 V printers. I even tried a new generation TM-T88 VI printer that supports simultaneous Ethernet IP, USB and IDN interfaces. All receipts from IDN print 6 lines per inch, and from IP 8 lines per inch. I still believe there is something in the RES software or drivers that is causing the IP interface printer to go into paper reduction mode or sending ESC/POS commands for the 8 lines per inch. Please see images attached. The POS configurator Devices screens are slightly different. IDN uses the "Express Thermal, Epson TM-T88" while IP is reversed "Epson TM-T88, Express Thermal". The same Printer Type is not available for both IDN and IP Printer Interface Types. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome. Thank you

Screen_Shot_2017-08-26_at_12.07.37_PM_t8zoe2.png
Screen_Shot_2017-08-26_at_12.07.18_PM_b7r2jh.png
Screen_Shot_2017-08-26_at_12.06.56_PM_kbs1rn.png
Screen_Shot_2017-08-26_at_12.06.41_PM_wbhd7a.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back