Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

micros RES 3700 new workstation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxap

Vendor
May 11, 2005
US
Greetings to all,
I have set up new windows 7 WS with micros 5.4 with Epson T88 printer. Cash Drawer is connected to back of the printer via a phone jack.
Printer works fine but the drawer will not open. The printer is connected to COM1 and is working fine.
Any help, please?
thank you all in advance.
mxap

Don't know specifics, but check for parameters under WS devices for CD assignment, the operator also has to be linked to a cash drawer

Thank you for the response.
The system is slim PC with windows 7 pro.
COM1 is attached to Epson TM-T88V printer which works fine if I don't use OPOS drive.
I connected the drawer to Printer with RJ11 cable, that is the only connecter the drawer came with.
To make drawer work, I need to use OPOS driver. I downloaded the latest driver and installed it. But need help to configure the printer and drawer for micros.
Thanks, guys.
mxap

Hi All,
I made some progress today.
1. Installed OPOS driver and got the printer TM-T88V working with OPOS in micros on COM1 as device name "epson".
2. Connected Cash Drawer with RJ12 cable to back of the printer.
3. Add an LDN device called "drawer" as LDN name in OPOS.
4. printer works fine but drawer will not open.
5. If I configure the drawer 1 as OPOS and add a device name "drawer" the drawer works fine but than printer will not print.
6. So it is either Printer or the drawer.
Please see attached images for more explanation.
thank you,
printersetup_t8vwin.png
OPOS_nkhyr3.png
printersetup1_skdyix.png
UserWorkstation1_owchwd.png
UserWorkstation_ireocs.png
device_okwly5.png
everyone.
mxap

HI on the OPOS utility is there an option for both printer to control the cash drawer? if so try selecting the same option under OPOS configuration on User Workstations and test

Hi Jackba,
The drawer works fine in OPOS when I run test drawer. So, the drawer is connected correctly at the back of the printer. It is just not working in micros.
I am missing some configuration or setup stuff in micros.
anyone, please?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back