Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICROS RES 3700 - Desperate!

bdavidson024

Technical User
Aug 21, 2024
Lots of context to get out here...as I have been working on this for about a month and a half now! Here we go...

First off I work in the payments industry.

I have a client that is using Micros RES 3700 v5.7. They were using a Mag-Stripe reader to take CC payments.

I have since switched the client to EMV card readers(Ingenico Lane 3000 pinpads).

I have a POS team that works exclusively with Micros but, unfortunately they are also exclusive to Simphony, but agreed to help me with this implementation.

We installed OPI 19.1 using the native driver and the middleware is an Elavon bridge(Fusebox gateway).

Everything was working fine with that install except the client wanted the tip prompt on the pinpad screen for their customers. After much troubleshooting(checking OPI, Micros, and bridge logs) we determined that the pinpads would not prompt for the tip because they were receiving an "authorization" from the POS instead of a "sale". To get the system to send a "sale" we had to install the OGDH to work with OPI. This was successful in getting the on-screen tip prompt on the terminals.

With the new setup using OGDH, when we ran the CC transaction through the pinpad, we received an error message from Micros: "Auth amount exceeds total amount due". So, although the transactions were processed successfully, Micros was not applying the payment to the check(and thus not closing the checks).

So, currently, we have it set up for this workflow: Check is opened, CC Authorization is sent to the pinpad, customer pays with their CC on the pinpad, transaction is approved, the voucher is printed and handed to the customer to add the tip, this is handed back to the merchant, who enters the tip amount into the system and then they Close CC.

And this is our desired workflow: Check opened, CC Sale sent to pinpad, pinpad prompts for tip and customer enters desired tip amount, customer pays with CC, transaction approved, new total sale amount and tip amount sent back to Micros and transaction should Close automatically once payment is completed.

Shew!! I have spent MANY hours on the system playing/changing settings and cannot figure this thing out! So ANY feedback you could provide would be SO helpful.

Let me know your thoughts and of course if you need any additional information I will be sure to provide it.

We had the same issue with Eigen and OPI. We had to make sure we are on the latest version of Rez 57, and enable debit transactions under revenue center credit cards. No clue why you had to enable debit transactions, but it worked.

We had the same issue with Eigen and OPI. We had to make sure we are on the latest version of Rez 57, and enable debit transactions under revenue center credit cards. No clue why you had to enable debit transactions, but it worked.
Really?! Was your processor originallly set up to take debit transactions? If not, did they also have to enable debit on the emv terminal? We will definitely try this on Monday morning. Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:
Just to check, Do you have your charge tip linked under the Tender/Media page to handle overtenders? We don't prompt at the pinpad, but our servers enter tips via typing in the total vs ringing a charge tip, so it auto allocates the charge tip.

1726238794840.png

Just to check, Do you have your charge tip linked under the Tender/Media page to handle overtenders? We don't prompt at the pinpad, but our servers enter tips via typing in the total vs ringing a charge tip, so it auto allocates the charge tip.

View attachment 317
Yep, that is how they are doing it now, still entering tips manually. Thanks for the feedback!

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back