Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros RES 3700 5.7.6 can't change IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinmcleod

IS-IT--Management
May 30, 2016
CA
I'm good at making titles. The issue I'm experiencing since upgrading is that any client machine whose IP changes can no longer access Micros apps. So users with laptops can't simply change from wired to wireless and still access Micros.

Following errors come up if their IP changes

Greenshot_2020-05-20_11.28.17_g1xwab.png

Greenshot_2020-05-20_11.28.37_sdvad1.png

I suspect this is due to the new-to-me client trust utility.

Any way to resolve?

Why is the IP changing? Do you have them set on DHCP? You need to have everything on STATIC and make sure that the HOST and MDSHost are updating.

See original post:

colinmcleod said:
So users with laptops can't simply change from wired to wireless and still access Micros.

Users with laptops tend to move them around so they may be wired or wireless while within the building some use VPN to connect from home. I could make all 3 static but can I have multiple network nodes for the same computer?

With older versions of Micros this wasn't an issue, once the client software was set up it didn't matter what IP the user was on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back