Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros Res 3700 5.0 Installation Issue 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezchow

Technical User
Aug 10, 2015
US
Hello,
I am attempting to install Micros 3700 on a windows 10 laptop. I got the ASP error when executing the setup, got past that etc. I can't get past the error message for the Setup regarding IIS 6 or above, I have installed all IIS components that I could find. Any ideas?

That's an interesting thought.. Are you using 32 bit Windows 10? The registry keys so change location between 32 and 64 bit, and Microsoft is supposed to intelligently direct applications that are 32 bit to the wow6432node registry keys. Maybes it isn't doing that correctly or maybe IIS 6 isn't enabling 32 bit mode by default? Just a wild stab in the dark, lol.

No idea if that will make any difference. My understanding of IIS is pretty basic.

Ok, I have successfully past the Micros RES 5.0 Prerequisites Installation. I only received one error (Unable to merge new configuration. Use BDE Administrator to merge your new configuration.) at the end of the installation process. However, this should be able to be resolved by running the installation msi as Administrator.

I am posting info below, along with posting a video with the process I did. Again this was only for installing the 'Micros RES 5.0 Prerequisites.msi' file
the Video can be found here.

This was done on a 64-bit Version of Windows 10.

Code:
Warning! Improperly editing the Windows registry can have dire consequences. Make sure you have a verified backup before making any changes.

Please follow the video and steps below, and besure to make notes of settings and even backup your registry. Make these changes at your Own Risk.
If you are unsure of making any of these changes please do not do them or have someone else that has the experience do them for you.

1. Open Regedit
Locate: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\INetStp
Check MajorVersion... Make note of this version and change it to 6.

2. Next to clear the Service Pack 1 issue.
In Regedit. Locate: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

Create a New String Name: CSDVersion
Value: Service Pack 1

3. Correct [URL unfurl="true"]WWW 6[/URL] Service issue.
Locate: HKEY_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\W3SVC\Parameters
Find REG_WORD Name: MajorVersion; Change the Value to 6.

Restart the Prerequisites Install, it should complete.

Once you have done the Prerequisite install msi, replace all the settings back and try the installation. I will try to post later about the actual
installation and if there are any errors. Now, I am not sure as to what happens if you leave the changes and install the actual software and the run it.
Same goes for reverting the changes back.

Can confirm this works; didn't get any error messages when I launched from Setup.exe (which requires administrator) rather than directly launching the MSI. Nice work. Though I'd never ever do this in a production environment. Who knows what kind of issues will eventually crop up.

You'll need to leave the registry changes in place when installing the 5.0 GR as well; it checks too. I suspect the patches might end up checking too.

Thanks for the follow up. I am going continue installing and see how it goes. I need a res 5 lab anyhow.

Also, please keep in mind that I am not sure if Micros is support this version of RES on Windows 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back