Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros POS System Possible employee theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalesCatKitty

Vendor
May 10, 2010
US
I am a distributor sales rep for a customer who uses a micros system. I am not quite sure of the model.

As a partner with this establishment I analyze the sales per item and manage how the menu works for them. For many months I have questioned the accuracy of how the micros system was set up based on their menu and what was needed for accurate pricing per item. We found inaccuracies in several menu items that were priced according to the current menu, such as add on costs of cheeses, sauteed onion etc. Several items such as cheese are a choice on some menu items, without a cost, however some menu items do not offer cheese as an ingredient and are considered an add on yet within the micros this option did not have an add on dollar value until recently.

Unfortunatley the owner has allowed some employees the access to the manager key and believes theft does not happen around his "keen" awareness of what each employee is doing.

Sales dollars are down significantly over last years generated sales however the cost of food/supplies coming in the door has not decreased to the same level of sales lost over last year. We are off by about 30% between sales dollars and purchasing dollars. We have analyzed plate costing, portion contol and profit per plate as well as viewed the decending dollar report to analyze purchasing.

My biggest concern for this proprietor is what I see in the reports he has given me. I see many, many voids, more error corrects and a line item where it says "cancel total. "

I am unable to see where these voids, errors, etc were generated. The proprietor has three terminals and each has its own check # sequence for each machine. I beleive each terminal initiates sequential check numbers on each terminal for where all check numbers should be accounted for, however when pulling the kitchen tickets there have been many missing. I have not found any reports that can bring up reports by check # and audit what happens with each check #.

Any clue where to start in the auditing? I appreciate any and all help.

Kitty

I meant that there is no such thing included in Micros, so the claim was right. Try with EJ print, its the same thing and it is included in your Micros licence :)

My question:
Is EJ organizer the same thing as EJ Print? If its not, please send the link to this product because a lot of clients would like to buy this powerfull app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back