Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros POS Employee Reports not printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilburYEG

Technical User
Jun 26, 2021
CA
Recently my POS Employee reports stopped printing. At first it was just a couple workstations that wouldn't print but now it is all of them. I tried replacing the switches but that didn't do it.

I am running 3700 5.5 MR5

Anyone got a fix for this? Or an idea of what is wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Assuming you have rebooted everything? Is there any error?

Yup, rebooted everything. replaced the dlink switches with new ones. No error shows up, it just doesn't print anywhere.

Is it a custom report or standard? Make sure autosequence service is running on server. Have any changes been made to the system?

It is a custom report. I don't know how to check that the "autosequence service" is running, although there are other autosequences that work. And yes there have been changes to the system

What changes? A patch? Ensure the custom report is in the CAL folder for the workstations.

Does the report work when running it on the server?

No patches (my calender is still screwed). The custom report isn't available on the server. And it is all my "Employee Reports" - Cashout, Closed Check Report, Open Check Report, Check Summary. And I now notice all my manager reports that print on the pos terminals (Sys Sales, etc.).

Kinda a long shot, but happened some how on one of our workstations... The ip address was not the one set up under pos cfg -> devices... so this one was workstation six, ip address should of been .106 and it wasnt for some reason. When fixed, this made cc auths go faster and fixed the employee reports printing to the workstations printer.

Looks like my IP addresses are correct in pos config.

In my experience what you explain can happen for many reasons, it is best to check log 3700 in the folder ... / Micros / Res / Pos / ETC

If there are no errors, I have had to see that there are two things in the POS CONFIG that can cause it not to print:

In Devices / Network Node the Platform Type field has wrong, for example that you use a WS6 and you have WS-4LX, 5, 5A selected.

Or that in Devices / Devices in the printer Interfaces tab it has an incorrect data, if so, correct it to Nivel of Table View

OK, there are some errors in the Log but I don't know what they mean or how to correct them.

Fri Jul 23 01:19:09 2021 | WKSVI03 | MDSHTTPTransprt | 0 | ** ERROR ** : WinHttpReceiveResponse() FAILED : LastErr = 12152 |
Fri Jul 23 02:18:00 2021 | WKSVI02 | MDSHTTPTransprt | 0 | ** ERROR ** : WinHttpReceiveResponse() FAILED : LastErr = 12152 |
Fri Jul 23 02:18:00 2021 | WKSVI02 | OPS | 0 | Database call to [DbNextAutofireCheck] failed with fatal error C70700CC |
Fri Jul 23 02:51:41 2021 | WKSVI01 | KDSController | 0 | DSMI:DSM : Downloaded LTF File C:\MICROS\COMMON\ETC\~WKSVI01_KDSController.ltf |

I believe the Network Node Platform Type is correct - Windows

in Devices / Devices I'm not sure what the data should be so I don't know if it is correct or not

Thanks for all the suggestions. I got it working but not sure what it was that fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back