Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros POS - Connect to db

Status
Not open for further replies.

MenaBrave

Programmer
Feb 6, 2014
thread693-1030054

Good Day

I am trying to connect micros.db with SQLAnyWhere ... I get Encryption key missing
How i can connect please!

Help is appreciated
Thanks

Thanks for your guidance ..

Actually, I am with you. that you have to install at your environment then go live. for that reason i tried to get the backup of database
i thought that i can connect directly with DSN. but now after your reply i realized that i cannot but i did not know before

For that, i will install on my PC to test even more features
Only i need to install from a source and hope to give me a link

Small Question, the license of the software is volatile based on time or once i have the dongle it is not. just to make sure

Thanks !

One question please can i retrieve the recipes from the data by anyway ?

thanks

For that, i will install on my PC to test even more features
Only i need to install from a source and hope to give me a link

The Micros database changes a little with each version, so you have to install the same version that your customer has. Like i said, they should have the disks. If not post the version of RES they're running; somebody here has to have the installers.

One question please can i retrieve the recipes from the data by anyway ?
If your customer is using the Product Management module and has it linked up for ingredient depletion then yes, you should be able to pull recipes, or at the the ingredients used for each menu item.

Thanks pmegan for being in touch with me

Small question, is this module separate like MC (Material Control) or included within the system?
And is the references (CHM Help files) can help me to find how to use it or the steps to make this process?

I only care about recipes. that's it
This is the total things i need :)

thanks

Product Management is the inventory program that Micros offers. It's built into the database, but is an optional module. If your customer isn't licensed and using PM there won't be any recipe information in the database.

There should be a help file in \micros\documentation\help when you load the Res software. This is a user guide though, not a developer tool. It won't have anything about database tables in it. Micros doesn't publish that kind of documentation anymore.

Someone mentioned exporting to .csv on this thread. Do you have any documentation on that, or could you shed some light on how you do that? Thanks,

unload
<sql query>
to <path>

so if you want to export the micros.job_def table to D:\Micros\Export\job_def.csv you would use

Code:
[COLOR=#204A87]unload[/color]
[COLOR=#204A87]select[/color] * [COLOR=#204A87]from[/color] MICROS.job_def
[COLOR=#204A87]to[/color] [COLOR=#CC0000]'D:\\micros\\Export\\job_def.csv'[/color]
[COLOR=#204A87]quotes off[/color] [COLOR=#4E9A06]-- I always use quotes off, but it's optional[/color]

pmegan Thanks for your comments on here, I would like to export the daily cash up to csv (or excel), but ideally wanted to look to automating this so that I can email the file to a cloud accounting app.

Set up an autosequence to perform the export on a schedule.

Along those lines, Blat is great for command-line mailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back