Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros POS 3700 terminal Suddenly shuts down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerrberr

Technical User
Aug 14, 2006
US
POS 3700 terminal shuts down randomly. We removed from UPS, restarted logs onto server fine. runs as normally does. just within 4-6 hours just turns itself off?
Anyone seen this? Wondering how the internal power supply health is. But windows CE does not have a clear path to event viewer.
Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Jerrberr

Update:
shutdown happening now within 30 min. no error no warning

Jerrberr

agreed, over the years we have had around 15 WS4LX tills randomly turning themselves off when the power supply has had it... we are now swapping out all WS4LX as they are now not covered under our support contract.

The WS4LX has also the issue that the power cable between power supply and motherboard became brittle.
But nevertheless a 20 year old till needs to be replaced from time to time. I know the position in this case of every customer but who drive a car which is 20 30 years old ? not many.

The WS4/4LX power supplies fry because they are all 12+ years old at this point. I have a customer who insists on keeping his 4LX's running, constantly spending to fix them but can't get parts. All I have for parts are 12+ year old pulls which later die because they already ran for years in someone else's restaurant who got smart and did an upgrade. Live and learn.

Have you try adding an UPS to the terminal, just to rule out power as a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back