Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICROS - New demo installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

zivianig

Technical User
Apr 8, 2013
BR
Hey guys,

I'm very new in MICROS, and here in Brazil basically just Burger King and a couple of small companies are using MICROS, which means MICROS is also beginning in Brazil.
I was hired to help an ascending franchising to build a consistent database and to define procedures to be sold to the associated.
I want to reinforce that MICROS is beginning in Brazil, including the engineers and the support, once I asked for phone help, I visited MICROS office in Brazil, I joined in conferences with the Sales Executive and even with that I got no answer about my question, so I decided to try to learn MICROS by myself (with the Internet helps of course ˆ_ˆ).
The first thing I though to do was to install the MICROS applications in a VM and restore the customer's database, in order to start learning something without to do any alteration in the customer's system itself, so I got the Micros Res 4 CD's (Prerequisite and General Release) and installed it in a Windows Server 2003 machine, but for my surprise it just installed the Database tool, every POS and configuration tools were not installed. Do you know guys how to install and set it up?

Thanks in advanced!

Gleison Ziviani

hey their,

i can send you my manual guide which will help you to install micros on server and on all POS's so if need send me your mail.
or i can help you using in monitoring software.

Install ADOBE
Install .NET 3.5
Enable IIS and ASP and the management console (you can pretty safely just enable all of the IIS features).

Install MICROS Pre-reqs. Install MICROS. Profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back