Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

micros net sales at clockout 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

raphael75

Programmer
Nov 15, 2012
US
Hello,

We have a system that calculates the tip share for our employees. I created a custom Crystal Report and stored procedure in micros that runs when the server prints out their server report at the end of their shift. The report figure out what the server's net sales were, and calculates either 3% or 4% of the net sales depending on if the shift was lunch or diner. The Crystal Report shows the calculated value on a chit for the amount the server needs to turn in to the manager for their tip share.

We have a separate process that runs the next day after the micros End Of Night runs that extracts the net sales for each employee and displays it on an intranet site.

The system works for the most part, but we discovered that if the manager voided any items on a check and then closed the check, the value printed out on the chit would be different from what micros showed the next day. It appears that either when the Micros End Of Night runs, or at some point between when the server prints their server report and then, that Micros goes back through and corrects this issue, but we can't figure out when or what that is.

There may be other issues that cause the numbers to be different, but the manager void is the only one I have been able to identify so far.

The value we get the next day is always correct, but the value at the time the server prints their report is not.

Is there a place (maybe a stored procedure) that micros stores the current server net sales, or is there some way I can get the final calculated value at the time the server prints their report? Is there a stored procedure I need to run to get micros to calculate the final net sales value?

Thank you!

There's always sp_postall - but I believe it doesn't actually "post all," but a vast majority of the totals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back