Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros mTablet R-Series Not Loading OPS.exe via CAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyB82

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2013
GB
Hi,

I have an issue with some mTablet workstations that we have from Oracle which haven't been used since the RES3700 was upgraded to v5.4 MR3, but I have re-commissioned one today and run into the following issue:

I have just tried to CAL an mTablet, it downloads it's files, reboots lots but when CAL finally tries to launce ops.exe, the traffic lights show yellow for 'POS Operations', and it then does not attempt to load OPS.exe.... however if I goto \Store\Res\Pos\Bin\ and launch OPS.exe it opens up fine... any ideas what could be going wrong here and why it does not auto load up after a restart?

Many Thanks

Hi guys... just updating this to see if anyone can help??

Many Thanks

Check to make sure the name of the tablet matches what you have in Network Nodes as the computer name, that you have it set as an mTablet, and that the host file copied over.

Also open the host file on the tablet, and open the host file in the ETC directory on the server and make sure they all match

Do you have a built in WiFi and Ethernet or only Ethernet Tablet?

I have a same issue with JonnyB82. Can u check these below?

1. Already have license ordering number on POS CFG -User WS for your new mTablet?
2. Already reboot your POS server once you have configured your new mTablet?

Hi All,
Sorry I should have updated this thread earlier... the issue is now resolved.
The MDSHOSTS.XML file on the mTablet had not updated, and was not showing the correct details for itself in the file.
I tried to update the Hosts file via devices in POS Config, and reload the DB in control panel, but it was only after a reboot of the POS server that the issue was resolved and a new MDSHOSTS.XML file sent to the mTablet.
Thanks for your comments/suggestions.
JonnyB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back