Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

micros manager procedures 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

texan77479

Technical User
Oct 29, 2008
US
can not open manager procedures.when i click on the icon,
the page open with action cancelled.
internet explorer was unable to link to the web page you
requested.the page might be temporarily unavailable.

we have micros 3700 with 3.2.98.1726 version

please help

thanks

texan77479

are you trying to open manager procedures from the POS itself or from the server running the POS system (back office server)

I AM TRYING TO OPEN MANAGER PROCEDURES FROM BACK SERVER.
OTHER THAN THAT EVERY THING RUNNING FINE.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY.

TEXAN77479

was it working before? what has changed since it stop working?

Just curious....

thanks for reply.

manager procedures was working properly.don't have any clue what happened. other than that every thing is working all right.

thanks

texan77479

mmm....ok. so im assuming you already restarted the micros server.

If not then Open micros control panel click on restaurant the to your right there is an option to turn off click on off once it asks you if you want to change the state of the restarant to off the click ok then click on start shutdown restart.
Once you restart the pc running micros test and post.

Also what is your level of IT knowledge regarding micros.
1 none 10 super user.

I just want to know so that i can better assist you.

Thanks

I ALREADY SHUTDOWN MICROS RESTAURANT & RESTART THE SERVER SEVERAL TIMES. I AM STILL HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM.AT THE SAME TIME TWICE I SHUTDOWN ALL THE WORKSTATIONS.

MY LEVEL OF IT KNOWLEDGE REGARDING MICROS WILL BE 4-5.

THANKS FOR SPENDING YOUR VALUABLE TIME ON THIS PROBLEM.

TEXAN77479

Do you have windows auto-updates enabled? They can mess things up sometimes, especially if the update "fixes" internet explorer security issues or installs IE7. Some updates also enable the windows firewall which could cause this. If this is the case and you have your own firewall protection, you may want to try disabling the Micros firewall and see if manager procedures starts working again.

I'd start off by checking IIS and making sure the IIS Admin and services are running.

i was about to suggest that..we had an issue with manager prodecures not loading and we had to reaload IIS. note that you will not be able to do this if you dont have the windows disks. Let us know if you want to procede that way. Also what OS are you using?

I DISABLE THE AUTO UPDATE.UNDER WINDOWS COMPONENTS IIS IS CHECKED.SUBCOMPONENTS ARE ALSO CHECKED. NORTON FIREWALL IS DISABLED.OPERATING SYSTEM IS WIN2000 WITH SERVICE PACK 4.
UNDER SERVICES(ADMINISTRATTIVE TOOLS)IIS ADMIN SERVICE IS RUNNING. I FOUND ONLY FTP PUBLISHING SERVICE,WHICH IS STOPPED.WHEN I CLICK ON START,IT GIVES ERROR 1392:COULD NOT START THE SERVICE ON LOCAL COMPUTER.THE FILE OR DIRECTORY IS CORRUPTED OR DAMAGED.
WE HAVE WIN2000 CD.

THANHS AGAIN FOR HELPING ME.

TEXAN77479

i found out one more thing that i don't have world wide publishing service in services under administrative tools.

under subcomponents of internet information services,there is a check mark for world wide web server.

you guys are great.

thanks a lot

texan77479

texan77479.
Im currently our of the office and i will return on monday i will test and see if removing IIS or one of its components break the manager procedure and get the steps on how to resolve the issue.

Thanks for your patience
Jimmy

We upgraded all of our systems to Win2003 a couple of years ago so I'm kind of rusty on the w2k setup, but it sounds like you may have to re-install IIS.

Try opening internet explorer on your micros server and go to You should get a default IIS Welcome screen.

Look if you don't have Turn On the Firewall in the PC,

Try to restar de ISS, sometimes this services enter in a lookup.

This error happend to my sometime,my solution has bean Reinstall micros, because some files has bean damage .

Remember you cannot install Applications prior install micros.

Greetings,

It

texan77479 im still out of the office but as soon as i return i will test a possible solution

Ok so here is what i did so far.

I removed IIS using control panel -> add remove programs then add remove components then i uncheck Internet Infomation service and then tried to open manager procedures and i got the following error message:

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the micros2 home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Information Services

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

More information:

Then i went back to add/remove programs then windows components and then checked IIS and the installed asked for the windows disk it was looking for the I386 folder which i had after installing IIS i tried opening manager procedures and then i got the same error above.

I opened the Internet Information Services and noticed that all the virtual directories created by micros were no longer there eventhough i re-installed IIS. Im trying to write down how to create thos virtual directories and see if i can script it if not we will have to do it manually.
Here is a snap shot of what it should look like (comparison of IIS from another location and my lab.)
Could you please go to control panel then administrative tools then go to Internet Services Manager then expand dafult web site and see if there are any missing virtual directories are missing from your installation.
Thanks

At this point it may be worth reloading the 3700 software. That will restore the missing virtual directories as well as anything else that may have been blown out. This is also the Micros standard repair when stuff like this happens. It's just easier and cleaner than trying to recreate the individual pieces. You don't have to uninstall, just select repair during the setup. Make sure you back up the database and any custom scripts, reports, etc...

One question, was anything installed that would have loaded the .NET 2.0 framework?

Is this issue fixed? With all due respect to the other posters, the solutions are way too complicated for the problem at hand. If your system is running fine apart from accessing manager procedures, there's no need to take such drastic steps.

Things to remember:
1. The user you are logged in under might not have Windows rights to access the micros icon. Please check if you can access the icon under Administrator.
2. Follow the path of the manager procedures to the actual procedures.exe file (normally c:/micros/res/pos/bin folder). If the path or file moved, it will no longer work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back