Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros labor reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 7, 2006
US
Hey guys, I am sorta stumped here. One of my units running Micros 3.1 is unable to get labor information from A/S & reports or up front from Manager procedures. The Job Summary report (both RVC and SYS) has no data on them. There is no data on either the col-40 reports or in the office. I have replaced both TIME_S011.rpt and TIME_R011.rpt .
No change. I brought the database to my bench machine, where the database I had in there from another unit works fine, but with my problem unit, the reports are still blank. Leads me to believe the crystal report itself is okay, but more than likely a problem in the database itself. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, Eric

Did you get this solved? If not I have a few things you could look into.

pmegan, I have not had any resolution as of yet. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Eric

Ok, here's where I'd start.

Run a time card report and make sure the staff is clocking in and out. If there are no job codes assigned to the employees they always work as their default employee class without clocking in/out. Without time clock entries there's no labor reporting.

In the configurator go to the Reporting tab, Historical Totals button and find the labor totals. They should be #'s 32 & 33. Make sure you have a class assigned to them.

Go to the Classes tab and find the class that's assigned to the Job Code totals. Make sure the "Number of Days History" field is not blank and has a reasonable number in it. This is the length of time in days that job code totals will be held before purging. If it's blank or zero they'll purge every night.
Make sure the "Do not create daily total" box is NOT checked. This keeps totals from posting at all.

If the configuration is all correct you may have a posting problem.

Those reports run off the micros.v_R_job_code view so run [blue]select * from micros.v_R_job_code[/blue] through SQL and see if there's any data available.

At some point the posting procedures embedded in the crystal report templates stopped working. If you have no data in the view, run [blue]exec micros.sp_postall()[/blue] and query micros.v_R_job_code again.

You may want to open dbmsconsole when running the posting procedures. They don't send any messages back to the client, so unless you have this open while the posting procedure is running you sometimes won't know when a procedure fails.

If this solves your problem you'll have to add the labor posting procedures to your autosequences.

If you still have nothing try reapplying the service pack. I know it sounds like your typical Micros punt for time, but sometimes the posting procedures tank, especially if you've had hard drive problems.

Hope that helps,
Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back