Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros iCare: ISL error No Check Info Area Exists

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyB82

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2013
GB
Hi All,

I have a Micros RES3700 v4.9 setup and i'm having issues when trying to use the iCare Redemption Auth SIM Inquiry 11 option, the following error appears:

ISL error
No Check Info Area Exists

Has anybody got an idea what is causing this to appear on the POS workstation? I am able to use SIM Inquiry 10 to go straight to the redeem stage, but I would rather users perform the Auth as we can capture a merchant receipt with the customers signature as proof of sale if there are any discrepancies down the line.

I would like to add that this has been working, so just need to trace what has upset the system.

Many Thanks
Jon

Review the [tt]Revenue Center --> RVC Interfaces --> SIM[/tt] tab. There is an entry for "Number of Info Lines", which should be set to whatever iCare requires. 16 shouldn't hurt. Make sure it is set for each RVC.

Ours is set to "16" and the "Print Format" is set to "After Trailer" What version of the SVC driver are you using?

regilobo..... what can I say, thank you very much! I have been banging my head against the table to try and work out why this had stopped working, have now updated all 16 RVC's, pheww!

just a quicky, maybe you will know, is there anyway to just have the signature strip show on a merchant auth receipt and the customer auth to be smaller and just show basic required detail?

thanks again
jon

I believe you can modify the receipts in the SVC Server config file.

bullentj: Look at the [tt]RVC Credit Cards --> Trailers[/tt] tab. You can select separate trailers for the Customer and Merchant copies. You'll create those trailers in [tt]Sales --> Descriptors --> Trailers[/tt]

(p.s. In the future, try to create a new thread for separate questions so other users can benefit)

Wildbar said:
I believe you can modify the receipts in the SVC Server config file.

Oops...I should clarify that the RVC Credit Cards advice is for standard cc auth and receipts. I don't know how iCare does its thing.

I was assuming that you were looking to modify the icare receipts as that's where the thread was going :)

Hi Guys,

I'll make sure I start a new thread in future, forgive me im a newbie ;)

Thanks for the replies, yes it was the iCare card receipts that I was hoping to adjust.
I have removed the gratuities\tips section from the SVC Config file but there doesn't appear to be any way to change the individual receipts, any changes affect both customer and merchant copies... (extract below)

SiteID 1
RoundPoints Y
MaxPointIssueTransPerCheck 0
SendOrderItem 2000
VoidReasonNumber 101

LocalLanguage en-US
LocalCurrency GBP

ManagerSimPrivilege 0
ManagerOperations
AllowManualAccountEntry Y
ManagerAllowManualAccountEntry Y
IgnoreAllowManualAccountEntryRules

SvcChitPinter R
SvcChitBitmap test.bmp
PosPrinterWidth 32

DisplayMessageOnInquire Y
AutomaticallyPrintOnInquire Y
WarnIfRedeemAmountLessThanRequest N
PrintAccountOnIssuePoint Y
UnmaskedAccountNumberDigits 6
ReadTrackOneAndTwo N

CardTouchscreen 0
AmountTouchscreen 0
AuthCodeTouchscreen 0
AuthSelectionTouchscreen 0
CouponTouchscreen 0
ProgramCodeTouchscreen 0+

DefaultAuthChitText |
\ |Signature :
\ |
\ |
\ |_______________________________|

DefaultSignatureLine |
\ |Signature :
\ |
\ |
\ |_______________________________|

Cheers
Jon

Not sure exactly what you are trying to accomplish. May it be possible to use the POS Text edit key to achieve what you want?

Sorry, I will clarify,

When using the Redemption Auth function of iCare through the POS it prints a customer and merchant receipt for the Auth, I was trying to stop the signature line printing on the customer receipt, but still remain on the merchant copy... not sure if this is possible..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back