Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithd21

Technical User
Apr 27, 2017
US
I have a computer that was running my micros 3700. My manager was cleaning and knocked over the pc tower and must have broken the video card or something so its just black. I took out the hard drive and put in a new machine and can see all the files. How can i install micros on to that computer? Is that what i need to do? Please help!!!

Thanks.

make a copy of the database before you start. do not do this on your current database

you need to figure out what version of micros you were running. once you have that you will need to get the installation disks and run the set up. once you run the set up it will ask you if you have a database that you will like to add or if you want to start with a blank database. point it to the copy of the database and see if that works.

is going to be a bit difficult to point it to. sometimes the set up will not work if you have patches already applied to the database. the set up usually looks for the same version of the database or lower but not higher

If your micros was working after the accident put the disc drive back in and let it work. Should auto boot up so its usable. Do you have any remoting software on the computer? If not then as Jimmy says you need to start with the database and do a new install. Try and keep the computer name and ip the same as it was.

Thanks for the quick responses. Where can i find the install files? I had team viewer installed but it wasn't showing up so i couldn't log into to that machine. Thats why i put the hard drive in a new computer. Thanks again for any advice.

If you need help let me know. Do you use integrated credit cards or any other third party integration? Gift cards etc

Yeah i just switched to chip readers because of everyone disputing charges if no chip reader was present. My processing guy logged in and installed the drivers and set that up. I will definitely let you know. Much appreciated!

Capture_ppxpuc.jpg

Is this the correct file I need?

Yes and no....you should look for the 5.4.0.
But if you start with the 5.4.2 it will do a small upgrade to your database and you should be all good.

So i did the install 5.4 had to install 5.4.2 bc the licences i found a thread wildbar was on years ago and that fixed my issue. Now i cant get res to boot any where on the back office it wont boot. I can get cal to install on terminals but it gets stuck on mdshost, i copied host file to terminal and no luck. Ive been at this for hours, not for lack of trying. Configurator, menu items employees all came over. Reports and res dont work.....

Try \micros\common\etc\MDSHosts.xml and add .old to the end of that file and reload the database. Double check your services too.

You using the same IP and computer name? When you load control panel do you get green check marks up to FOH when you set it>

I had the computer name different in network nodes in configurator. Now just need to get my reports back. Thanks for all the help!

May be an iis issue. Did you follow the steps for this in the install doc? Make sure the service is running.

All of this is good advice. However, I would start with putting the drive in and turning it back on and it will work, as suggested by another users. While you are putting the dive back in, swap out the old video card, super easy, and see if your video works. If it does, all you have to do is install the drivers for the new card and your done.

I reinstalled my cc driver cafdms5.2 same as the old server and copied everything. When i swipe a card it passes thru authorizing very quick and tries to call the back up number. THen error internal tapi error [-5]. Im assuming its not configured to use the datawire ip auth host. I have it set for that as auth device. Any help would be great I open on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back