Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros GSS Import Customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Sullivan

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2020
US
Hello,

In the Micros 3700 GSS Backoffice there is a screen to "Import Customers". There is a field "import file" which I assume wants the CSV file name you are trying to import, makes sense. Problem is there is no "browse" function to pick the file. Do you know where the file should be located? Should it be a csv file? Is there a naming rule?

Thank you for your assistance.

Tim

i don't use GSS but I have some notes.

GSSImportFromFiles
Imports all GSS related tables from the .csv files in the C:\Temp folder

Thank you

I tried the c:\temp folder with no success.

I get the same message "Import file is not valid" no matter what is in the text box for file name. Even if I leave it blank I get that message.

sorry I cannot help. I tried setting up my GSS but it has been awhile since I played with this module. The few notes I have do not go beyond what I offered before.

Thank you for the effort.

One of the few screen without the help activated.... Alternatively I could use SQL to insert the data but do not know a user name password combo with write privileges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back