Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros Fidelio Interface to Digital Dining

Status
Not open for further replies.

2700guru

Vendor
Jan 14, 2004
US
We have a Micros Fidelio Express 3500 PMS in the hotel. We just replaced our Micros 2700 system in the restaurant with Digital Dining(DD) POS. When we called Micros re: the interface from DD to Fidelio for room charges, they stated they must come out in person (from Missouri to NY) to load a new template into the Lodgelink interface box. Is this really necessary or retaliation for not buying the Micros 3700 (which we didn't like at all). I'll cost 2K to get them out here. I asked, what if we were to have bought the Micros 3700 would they have to come out and they wouldn't answer that. We are not the first ones to request this interface why do they charge for it as thou we are the first the get one.....advice. Thanks

Does Digital Dinning have a PMS interface?

Would it be cost effective to just buy it and have local support for one product from one dealer designed to work together?

Unfortunately, you should have addressed that option when making the purchase. Yes Micros is probably beeing tacky on that having to come out there issue. I don't work with or know anything about micros so I can't help with making the current situation work. But you said you wanted advice.
And mine would be to see what your DD dealer can do for you so you can take Missouri out of the picture.

We did purchase the PMS Interface from the DD dealer BUT that only gets me 1/2 way there. They state that there interface is OK BUT Micros/Fidelio must cooperate in establishing the total PMS interface. Micros says they are an "Open" system but it sure doesn't seem to be when you need software changes. If software suppliers insist on actually visiting every site to perform some sort of upgrade or software enhancement one can assume that they have there heads placed firmly up their asses. A company that sells technology should also use it, dont you think.

we have interfaced digital dining to micros fidelio on numerous occassions...and every time the pms division(fidelio)has caused us grief...usually the end user has to threaten fidelio before it finally consummates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back