Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros Export Utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmegan

Programmer
Aug 29, 2005
US
Does anyone have documentation for the Micros 3700 Export Utility? It's impossible to find anything on Oracle's website.

The Micros schema is in the help section. From there you can build queries to export out. We do this to export data to 3rd parties for analytics.
Another option is the Transaction Analyzer but it has limitations.

Thanks. I'm very familiar with the database scheme and transaction analyzer. I'd much rather use sql scripts or stored procedures to export data. My problem is that I have a potential client who is using the Export Utility to create Quickbook import files. He asked if I'd be able to modify what he already has.

I'm not looking to export a specific field. The client is already using the Export Utility module to export sales into a QuickBooks file. They changed their GL a bit, and asked me if it was possible to change the GL accounts mapped to some of the sales totals. Writing an SQL query to extract data would be no problem, but that's not what I have to accomplish in this case.

Pmegan,
An early version of RES came with Export Utility that had a base quickbooks interface setup. Haven't looked at it in a decade. In export utility though you can use the Micros preset exports or you can toggle to SQL and just write in sql. As you are familar with SQL you should be able to make the changes easy. But you may need need to be licensed for Export Develeoper to actually make those changes. Or at least thats how it used to be. An old work around was to change Export Utility to demo mode and you could make the changes in developer and then exit demo mode. The only limitation was that you could not add new information when using this hack. I dont know how it works now with 5.4+ though. Hope this helps a bit

Thanks Wildbar. I vaguely remember messing around with the Export Utility when it was first introduced, but that was easily 15 years ago when I was working as a programmer for a Micros dealership. My current client is using the built in quickbooks interface, and wants to know if it can be modified.

I actaully just dug up an old Doc Cafe, (Res 3000!), cd while cleaning out a file cabinet, so I'll take a look and see if that has anything.

Doc Cafe!! Ha ha i remember that. I have it somewhere as well. We started at a RES version before 1. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back