Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros Eclipse epson/cash drawer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdiggity

Technical User
Oct 13, 2006
US
My micros eclipse has an epson tm-t88ii. Printer works fine, but can't get cash drawer to kick. I see that the printer has a dk port, but it is closed off by a plastic tab, meaning the previous owners did not employ this method to open the drawer. So, I'm left to assume that the micros handles the request some other way. Printer is on com1. Drawer is connected to Cash Drawer #1. Tried all the epson open drawer codes I could find. com1 port setting seem correct. no clue.

Have you set the workstation to have a cash drawer in POSCONFIG? This needs to be done. And then assign a no-sale (open cash drawer) key on a touchscreen or open cash drawer on tender. The cash drawer should be connected directly to the Eclipse

I should have been more clear. I'm not using the Micros POS, only the hardware. The printer is connected to com1 on the eclipse. The cash drawer is connected to the Cash Drawer 1 interface on the eclipse. I've set the printer up as a generic/text printer and have tried some codes in the begin print field on the printer properties. I can't seem to get the codes to work properly, or perhaps I am missing something obvious. While printing works, the drawer won't kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back