Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros E7 ws5a running slow or freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaywilliams

Technical User
Jan 16, 2005
US
I have two separate micros E7 installations that experience the same problem at times. When busy opening checks is a slow process or freezes up and we have to wait several minutes before it opens. What are the possible fixes for this? Is it a memory problem that needs upgrading. They have 256 not the max of 512. If this is the case what is the best way to upgrade. Thanks

How many workstations are you running?
Are all your workstations sharing any printers?
Does it freeze at the point that something should print?

Do you want some custom SIM scripts developed. Contact me via my website

We have two workstation ws5a. No back office. They freeze or stall when trying to open a check.

Are you able to call Micros?
My guess is the terminals aren't communicating.

Bad Power? Power surges? You have power conditioners? Also brown outs (not enough power)freezing. Bad corrupted switch? Every time you do something on one terminal it copies to all other db's in network so switch is important.

Office PC??? I find this is the problem if you have one. A failing hard drive that is slow to read and write will slow down front of house since as stated above the system is updating the db on all terminals and the PC.

Trouble shoot the PC is to take it offline. Disconnect from network and remove from software. Problem goes away you found your culprit.

FYI a WS5A can max at 2GB Ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back