Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros E7 Writing a TIF Dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

SixFootTree

Programmer
Jul 7, 2015
US
This forum seems to be cream of the crop with respect to Point of Sale resources.

I've been able to (largely successfully) finagle my way to a custom interface for a Micros E7 machine - with no small thanks to this forum.

There are public methods which appear to be executed if certain values are set correctly. Those include:
public byte[] TIFInit(...)
public byte[] TIFPreInquiry(...)
public byte[] TIFInquiry(...)
public byte[] TIFPreSend(...)
public byte[] TIFSend(...)
public byte[] TIFDeInit(...)

The code within my TIFInit(); function gets executed just fine, and I've played with outputting various values.

My goal is to be able to modify the check prior to payment - a slightly more robust SVC interface if you will. I can get the TIFPreInquiry(); to be called, but there doesn't seem to be any check related data at the time, and I'm stuck at a point where I cannot get the TIFInquiry(); event to fire.

I'm hoping the check data is available in the actual TIFInquiry(); event. Does anyone have any experience with approaching this problem? I have fairly extensive Micros 3700 SIM writing experience, but the E7 is a completely different beast. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back