Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

micros e7 Configurator access is disabled (2 work stations, 1 BOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

usernet

Technical User
Dec 8, 2015
US
Hi,

I have 2 work stations and one BOC and we are locked out of the configurator (just took over business) .

I tried adding the e7config text document in multiple places but I just can't seem to get it reset/or allow me in.

Perhaps i am doing it wrong?

Any help would be great... or if there are any other ways to turn off security or get into thhe configurator

Thanks!!!

I changed the E7config value to "6" ... I get the warnings but when i go to configurator it just says "no configrator information available"

Kinda stuck.. maybe other values in the text file need to be changed?

Go into the db folder and rename or move the 2 touchscreen files. When you start E7 up, it won't know what to do and will boot right into the configurator. Change a user password and then kill E7. Put the touchscreen files back and boot up. You will now be able to get in with the account you updated.

Trying now^

Perfect! Thanks a ton.

Hi! I am having the same problem, I went to put in a new employee and received the "Configurator is disabled" message. I have 2 micros e7 workstations the server is in one of the workstations there is no computer/pc connected, how do I get back in to configurator? If you could kindly dumb the steps down I would appreciate it :)

This Method WORKS!
THANK YOU @mrunowho!![thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back