Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros Credit Card Batch Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

charliescarface

Technical User
Feb 10, 2013
US
Micros RES 5.0 Build 5.0.0400..0774)

Credit card batches stopped working a few days ago. Easily settled all batches after the batch causing the problem. The problem batch shows Records Omitted: 1. Reviewing the batch there is one record of the 35 with the Omit Record box already checked. Empty boxes include Date/Time & Expiration Date. Fields showing 0 include Amount, Subtotal, Tip, Cash Back & Total. Settled box is empty and gray. The CC Account # is masked except the last four digits. Each attempt to settle this batch results in the Credit Card Batch program crashing. Any thoughts as to how I can fix and settle this batch? Thanks in advance.

If that record is already omitted, it shouldn't be causing an issue anymore. Call your processor and see what they are seeing on their end. A lot of times they can give you info on what is going on. You could also look through the batch and see if anything sticks out and you can omit this. (Another card with too many digits, keyed entries, no auth codes, ect) If you still can't get it, you'll probably have to call your MICROS support and have a tech look at with you. Worst case scenario, you have to mark that batch transferred and rekey the cards. Hopefully it won't come to this. Good luck!

Thank you. I had reviewed each transaction for inconsistencies and found none. On your advice I've done this again. Nothing stands out and record for record, they appear consistent with the exception noted in the original question. In the middle of this short batch (36 records) is number 16 which has all the apparent problems.

Anyone else?

Try omitting a couple of transactions around that on, 14-18 for instance. I've seen weirdness like that happen before. The CC batch chokes and lists the wrong record as the problem.

Not having had this problem, if I omit these supposedly good records, will I have a chance to settle those or are they simply a loss?

There are known issues in 5.0 with certain credit card transactions. Sometimes the authorization code is invalid or if there is data loss between the workstation and the MICROS Server this will occur. If you login to SQL and look at the specific authorization in the micros.cc_auth_dtl table you can see what is missing compared to the other transactions. If you update the specific record in the table and still have the record set to OMIT do you still experience this issue?

I believe this is fixed in 5.2.

Thank you MR54443. Hopefully this does not occur again but if it does I'll try your recommendation. I did not know that it was an option to simply have my processor manually complete the batch. That being said, I'd be happier in the future knowing how to fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back