Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros - Authorization required to void a service charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

JosueICR

IS-IT--Management
Jan 12, 2009
MX

Hi Guys, could you please explain to me how to setup Micros to request a manager approval when the cashier tries to delete a service charge in the current round. This is QSR and is mandatory to let the cashier do a void of the menu items in the current round, we just need the approval in the Service Charge Void.

Regards

Josue R.

I don't think that's an option. You can individually determine whether they need an auth for previous round menu items, discounts, service charges or payments, but current round voids are all or nothing.

The only thing I can think of is that I've seen auto-service charges that once placed on the ticket require a manager to remove them again...

Yeah, that's in employee classes, under the Transactions/Transaction Control tab - Exempt Auto Service Chg.

Hi guys, i already check the Exempt Auto Service Chg, but nothing happens at void time, the pos is not requesting the authorization.

Let me explain to you the whole situation:

I am trying to prevent a cashier to delete a Non Revenue service charge from the ticket related to a gift card add value transaction.

1. - The cashier start a gift card adds value transaction
2. - The value is added to the card balance
3. - The cashier voids the Non Revenue Service Charge from the check (the gift card balance remains)
4. - The cashier ring menu items on the ticket and pay the ticket with the balance on the gift card (fraud)

I am trying to prevent this fraudulent transaction, any suggestions ?

Josue R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back