Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

micros 9700 macros

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapp10440

Programmer
Jun 9, 2005
US
Hello,

Does anyone know how to write a macro for the 9700 that will allow me to program definitions into a revenue center at the terminal? A long time ago (before I was hired) our company claims they could program the definitions including UPC, name, and price at the terminal once a menu item master was created. I looked this up in the touchscreen section, and it says it points to a macro which has been deleted.

Any help would be appreciated.

alex

Alex,

1. This is how ours is set up. In The "Remote Management Console", under "RVC Information", double-click "Macros". (you will have to repeat this with all Revenue Centers that use this Macro, unless "Macros" is shared.)

2. On the "General" tab, in the list of Macros, either select the Macro that the touch-screen referenced, or create a new one by selecting a blank number, and then typing the name of the new Macro in "Macro Name:". (Remember to click the "save/floppy disk" icon after each step.)

3. Leave all 4 check-boxes blank below "Type Definitions".

4. On the "Definiton" tab, fill in the following information:
Key Type Number

Step 1: 9-Keypad 2 - Numeric "2" key
Step 2: 11-Function 300 - Mode
Step 3: 9-Keypad 1 - Numeric "1" key
Step 4: 9-Keypad 3 - Numeric "3" key
Step 5: 9-Keypad 12 - Enter

5. Save this.

6. Apply this Macro to the key on your Touchscreen.

interesting. Ours starts with step 2. I will try this today and see what happens.

alex

Alright, so I did the 6 step thing as seen above. I now get an error message of Key type not supported. Apparantly mode 2 is not available on our computers??? anybody know how to fix this?

any help would be appreciated.

alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back