Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICROS 9700 & Epson IDM TM-88 not printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephenWyker

Technical User
Jun 30, 2005
US
I'm looking how to reset either the queue (if there is one) or the link on the workstation. It seems that someone "tried" to hit cancel on printing a huge menu item listing, and now everytime we try to print on this one workstation, it says printer not responding.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this? I rebooted the workstation (a 400448), even restarted the 9700 server as well with no luck. The printer will print on another workstation using the same cable and printer.

Any advice?

Almost too many things to have to check here.

If you're using RCC's or NetCC's, have you reset any of these associated with the terminal in question?

Have you checked confidence test to see if it is able to see the printer?

Do you know how to get into the workstation configuration so you can verify settings and run diagnostics?

Mark Tutt
Ramblings of a POS Consultant

They are direct connects .. no RCC or NetCCs -- I checked workstation config (two corners), but nothing is configured (on any of the workstations for that matter, and they still print) -- All printers are on ID 1 - with one printer per workstation. You can see the printer is configured on the server side however.

Possibly a blown port on that workstation then. There isn't a printer queue in 9700 that would have survived a reboot, but I've seen weird things happen in the RCC and NetCC connected ones.

Mark Tutt
Ramblings of a POS Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back