Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 8700 training

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssphoenix

IS-IT--Management
Jan 22, 2001
US
I have been looking to get some training (intense) for 8700 and could not find a place somewhere on the west coast. I am in CO and checked Micros of Colorado and Vegas. Vegas is a week long with only morning classes, and CO found them to a bunch of incompetent people.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I agree with you on the incompetent people in CO! That is where I live and I am trying to get help also with learning the 8700 system.
I too would appreciate any training suggestions anyone can offer.

I found what I was looking for. however, since my post I have upgraded to 9700 which honest, it is an inferior product and has given me much more headeck to deal with then 8700.

The training I found would be at this link

Perhaps you can find what you looking for.

Wrong with 9700? Everything. This system is not stable anymore. First it works under Windows 2000 Server only and release for 2003 does not exist still. Second RMC which is supposed to be nice tool for administrator eventually more looks like nightmare for administrator. Third system has to have Xvision installed in order to run Control Panel, which is not cheap. Additionally it is still not Oracle database.

I can't agree more. RMC is a nightmare. Very unreliable. by that I mean you would make changes, everything will work fine, next day out of the blue the changes you made are gone. Most of the menu items changes, you have to cycle in and out of the menu to get the correct reading. So far i have seen this happening with taxes, covers, accounts, discounts where the system does not hold information correctly. Local printers are fine and easy to setup, the remote once, well another story.

ssphoemix:
What kind of remote printers you are using?
TM-U200B IP enabled?

I got a glimpse of version 3.00 of 9700 at a trade show last fall and it was running on Oracle with and on the Opera DB. It looked much better that 9700 today. My notes say they called the new configurator tool, EMC. I already had 9700 in my last property and this EMC looked a heck of a lot better than the RMC (I hope it's more accurate). It was web delivered too. My beef with 9700 was the reporting. This had date range reporting, web reports, and NO END OF DAY!. Have you seen any of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back