Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 8700 data extract

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssphoenix

IS-IT--Management
Jan 22, 2001
US
I am currently running scripts to poll data from Micros which it is not that user friendly. I am using Savie to view folios and such. I was hoping that someone could help me find a utility that will be a bit more flexible in this area.

Thank you.

What Micros system are you using? Previously doing the same thing with GEAC PMS and M8700. Run the script, open results in Savie98, etc.

We have since switched to the 9700 and a totally different PMS (Micros-Fidelio Opera.) The 9700 can be set to auto archive the reports each day, week, month, etc. The easiest way for the users and restaurant managers to view is still with Savie, though. I found it's far easier to program the buttons at the bottom of Savie to make things simple. Just no more scripts.

Thanks for your reply. I am using Unix 8700. I use savie to view reports but does not interface with the Box. I still have to manually get them out. The scripts are very picky. Most of the time works but for some odd reason, 1 of the month and last day of the month doensn't pull correctly which requires me to get them manually.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back