Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 WS5a Stand Alone Password 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kali66

Vendor
Sep 5, 2013
US
Guys I have a Micros WS5a running CE6.0. I just purchased these for my new location. I need to clean the database up and get into the system. I will have 5 terminals and I am sure they will all need the same setup. Is there a way to backdoor the standalone password and then change it. I am also waiting for the parts to be delivered for the server. The keyboard that came with the server appears to have the login and password so hopefully I will be able to do the admin work or have the passwords so that the tech can do the admin work. Is there any way to get around all this before having to call Micros directly and shell out a ton of $$??

If you just have a workstation then there is no way to find out the login id.
You will just have to wait until you have the server. Cant you call the previous owner and ask?

Do you want some custom SIM scripts developed. Contact me via my website

I wish I could get ahold of the previous owner. He is out of business and all the contact info I have dug up on him is no good. So I will get the power unit this week. Hopefully the passwords I have will fly on the server. Now should the main server passwords work. Where would I find the Stand Alone passwords??

Standalone mode access is set by employee class in POS Configurator on the server. The password is the user's password ID - generally a 10 or so digit code that often corresponds to a mag swipe card.

If you received any swipe cards with the workstations, they are your best bet. Otherwise, you will probably need to wait on the server as CathalMF indicated.

Dear Kali66, Read this, I'm sure that you and all coomunity will take a backup of this.

Regards,

Mauro

Q: If in the process of upgrading the platform, the software becomes corrupt is there a method to
restore a backup image?

A: Yes.
I will give steps for 2 methods.
The BIOS method is much more reliable and therefore recommended.

Note: This will Wipe the FAT table so the CF is blank.

BIOS method:
------------
1) Power on WS5.
2) Hit the Delete key to enter the BIOS.
3) Go to "Features Configuration".
4) Enable "Win_CE_Factory_Restore" by highlighting it and hitting the dash or minus key.
5) Hit Escape and you will be prompted for a password.
The default pasword is case sensitive. Grnbelt
6) Type the password and hit Enter.
7) Hit Y when prompted if you are sure.
You will be returned to the BIOS.
8) Arrow down to "Write to CMOS and exit", hit enter and hit Y when prompted.
It will say "Factory recovery in progress please wait."
Then it will reboot again.

Note: The BIOS will now have the "Win_CE_Factory_Restore" option Disabled again.
If it did not, you would be in an endless loop of constantly Recovering the original image.
There is no way for the user to create a newer Recovery image after installing a newer version
of platform etc. It will recover to orig platform and then CAL can update the client from the
CAL packages on the server.

Alt = m method:
---------------
Note: This works better with a USB keyboard as opposed to a PS2 keyboard connected through an adapter.
1) Reboot WS5 and hold down the ALT key immediately.
2) As soon as you see 2 green icons in the bottom left corner hit the m key (while still having ALT depressed.)
3) It will take you to a screen where it prompts for a Password.
Type hmlton and hit enter.

Note: If you did not see any ***'s go into the PW field, it did not have focus.
Hit ALT + Tab and enter the pw again, hit enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back