Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 WS5A magnetic stripe reader length of string input config

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxx05

IS-IT--Management
Apr 9, 2016
SG
Hi,

I have a topic before but it seems like no one know how. We use WS5A workstation, but anybody know how to config the length of card reader input? For example: if the card has 30 character, when I swipe the card, it will appear only first 20 character.

Is there anyway to do that?

thanks

You should configure it in Card Setup under GSS tab.
There is start position and card length, that you should configure.

Thanks, i already set in card setup. But it seems no use. Our system don't use GSS. I found that there is a service call GSS data service. But every time I turn it on, it's immediately off. I think there must be controlled by Micros. But I don't know how. Is there any option that can turn on GSS service?

Then the question is: what do you use these cards for ? And where you swipe them - in Micros or in other app ?

I used it to input the number on the card to micros for discount purpose. I swipe them in Micros.

You can't configure what length is read from the card. The full track is read from the card. The options are to either have the cards encoded with specified length or use a isl script to pass the length you want from the card.

I think isl script is better. Could you please show me how? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back